For classic precision optics and custom shapes or configurations, we create spherical and plano optical components in essentially every glass type. We specialize in fabricating precision optical components for both rapid prototyping and production applications, with grinding and polishing capabilities for precision lenses (flat and spherical), mirrors, prisms, windows and metal optics. Whatever the procedure or end use, our precision optics are always on time and on budget.
Engineers, scientists and procurement and purchasing personnel from industrial, medical, research, laser, aerospace, defense and consumer industries comprise our extensive list of successful precision optics customers.
We offer the following technical capabilities for precision optics :
- Over 55 grinding and polishing spindles
- (6) Continuous Polishing Machines from 36–60"
- Double-Sided Lapping & Polishing
- Custom CNC Cylinder Polishers
- Capable of producing components with the following characteristics:
- 5–300mm diameters
- Windows <1 arc second
- Wedge (prism) <10 arc seconds
- <=λ/10 P-V surface accuracies
- <0.5nm RMS surface roughness
Hardin Optical is ISO 9001: 2008 registered.